Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! (39 Weeks, 2 Days)

Well, today is January 1, 2009. There were a couple of things I wanted to do to bring in the New Year: 1. be healthier than I was last year on this day and 2. my house be cleaner than it was last year on this day. I did both. Last year I weighed 50 lbs more than I do now and I'm lifting heavier than I did last year. My cholesterol, blood pressure and other health factors are in the normal range or better (my doctor in August during my physical said that if she didn't know better she'd think I was 24!) Now, for the house being cleaner... And it is! I deep cleaned the kitchen, the office, the hall closets (2 of 'em), the master bedroom and master bath, the living room. The only room that is left is Aimee's and we will get that when she gets back from her dad's. So, I met both and I'm really happy about that!

I stayed up to watch the ball drop last night and to text both Aimee and her dad with Happy New Year wishes. I also read some because I was keyed up. So I ended up going to sleep around 12:45.

My alarm went off at 8:15 and I so didn't want to get up but I did anyway because I promised Michelle that I would be at the gym for her leg class this morning. There ended up being 3 of us finishing (1 girl left early). But, boy oh boy am I gonna be SO sore tonight and tomorrow.. We did 10 exercises: leg press, body master (you stand up on the machine and put one leg on a roller and push back, it works your tush), leg extensions, leg curls, squats, split squats, single leg presses, straight leg dead lifts, lunges on a slanted bench and walking lunges forward and backward. 5 sets of 10 each! I did a personal best on the leg press of 470lbs!

I plan to go back at 2 to do shoulders/traps/calves and 3 to do abs. I'm sure I will be a walking ball of pain about this time tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to what this year will bring. I never thought that I would EVER compete in a bodybuilding competition but here I am training for one. I know it is still a ways off but I'm not a quitter - I do to what I commit. I may question why I'm putting myself through this so I have to remember what the goal is and that goal is to be in the best shape of my life and walking away with 1st! The only way someone is going to beat me is if they out work me!

My new motto: From Fat to Fab in 2 years (NOTE: I was 276 in September of 2007, my comp is October 2009)

Here's to a wonderful, prosperous and happy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment