Friday, January 2, 2009

39 Weeks, 1 Day

Oh My Gosh! I cannot BELIEVE how sore I am today. My calves, my butt, my abs, my traps and just about everything in between! EVERYTHING is SO SORE!

Especially my calves... I don't normally work them specifically and definitely not with weights. Yesterday, in the shoulders/traps/calves class, we did four different exercises: one leg calf raises w/o weight, seated calf raises (feet on 3 45 lb plates, barbell w/ 50 lbs on knees), calf raises on the hack squat machine w/ a 2x4 piece of wood and 90 lbs, and calf raises on the smith machine with 50 lbs on a 2x4 piece of wood!

I had to get up to go to the bathroom at like 2:30 a.m. When I put my feet on the floor I knew I was in trouble. I had to wait a moment before I could stand up. Then I had to wait AGAIN while my calves stretched out enough to let me walk. Sitting on the toilet was another little slice of heaven I had to endure. Then, oh joy, I had to do the reverse to get back in bed. Oh, then when I woke up at 8:30 and started to stretch, forgetting, of course, the 2:30 a.m. joy, started to stretch. I flexed my feet and had to groan, loudly! I decided to not do that again! I had to repeat what I did at 2:30 to get up. It was major fun trying to put my pants on!

I did go do my back/bis workout today. Rachael and Steve (trainers at the gym) came over and asked me how I was doing and I just glared at them. They laughed and said I ought to do some cardio to work off some of the lactic acid. So, after getting my back and bis done and not breaking any records by a long shot, I went over and got on the dreadmill for 20 minutes and walked. After I was done, I had some special fun stepping down from the dreadmill. It sure didn't feel like the walk did anything!

That's okay, I burned some calories and I know the DOMS mean that I am building some beautiful, lean muscle. It's just a little slice of heaven trying to get up from being seated, to attempt to walk once getting up, and going to the bathroom. Whoo hoo! :D

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to mention that Rachael gave me the "Fat Burner Meal Plan for Contest - Phase 1". She said that I will be on this diet for a while since I am so far out from my comp. So, it is as follows:

M1: 1 protein, 1 complex carb, 1 simple carb
M2: 1 protein, 1 simple carb
M3: 1 protein, 1 complex carb, 1 simple carb
M4: 1 protein, 1 simple carb
M5: 1 protein, 1 complex carb
M6: 1 protein, 2 simple carbs

Proteins: pick one (grilled, boiled, poached, broiled),
-- 3 - 4 oz Chicken breast, Turkey breast, fish, lean beef
-- 8 oz fat free milk
-- 6 egg whites
-- Protein shake

Complex Carbs: pick one; 3/4cup
-- old fashioned quaker oats oatmeal (can add splenda, cinnamon)
-- rice
-- potato
-- sweet potato
-- Special K cereal

Simple Carbs: pic one, 1/2 cup
-- fruit - medium size, no bananas
--veggies (raw, steamed, grilled or boiled) - no beans (except green & pole), peas or corn

NOTES:
-- Eat 2.5 hours prior to workouts: 1 protein, 1 simple carb
-- Eat immediately after workout: 1 protein, 1 complex carb, 1 simple carb
-- Fruits in the 1st 3 meals, veggies in last 3 meals
-- NO salt, sugar, sodium, fat, condiments including mustard, mayo, ketchup or other condiments

Ok. The hardest part of this meal plan is going to be "NO SALT"! WHAT?! I LOVE salt. I can't eat meat, potatoes or rice without salt. They give suggestions such as no sodium Spike, no sodium Mrs. Dash, vinegar, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon olive oil. This is going to be very challenging for me but if I wanna win, I'm going to have to do what it takes. Am I a winner? YES!

3 comments:

  1. MMM cereal :) You are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES you ARE a winner!!!! :)

    Got to remember the vinegar as a replacement for salt....we Irish loves us some malt vinegar...mmmmm.....on potatoes....wait, can't have potatoes anymore, waaaagh!!!!! I'll just drink it????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great jod. It is really informative and quality of the content is extraordinary. Thanks for sharing.

    Health Store

    ReplyDelete