Saturday, January 17, 2009

Uhm, OUCH!

I haven't posted in a while because it was getting repetitious and I didn't want to just keep posting the same thing over and over. I got all 6 workouts in and ate 100% clean this week. I took a rest day yesterday and drove up to and back from Chattanooga to do the kid swap with the ex. I did really good on the eating too. Aimee likes to get snacks on the way up at the rest stop and I wasn't even tempted to get something too!

I was supposed to workout with Michelle today because Joe is working (flight attendant) and get my new workout. BUT... They did a switcheroo on me today. I didn't have Michelle, I got Steve. And I am going to be SOOOOO SORE!

Following is the workout I did today:

Superset of leg extensions & leg curls, 3 sets x 20 reps. 60#, 70#, 80# on the extensions, 50#, 60#, 70# on the curls.

3 sets of walking lunges for about 50 feet (length of parking lot) with sprints to get back to the start

3 sets of walking backwards pulling 90# on a rope

3 sets x 10 of dumbbell dealifts standing on a bench (so I can extend the weight further), 35# DB, 45# DB & 55# DB.

4 sets x 10 reps of leg presses, 420#, 600#, 600#

4 sets, body weight, ATG squats, 12 reps, 16 reps, 20 reps and 24 reps.
Steve frickin' killed me!

I didn't get my new workout today because everyone prepping for a comp is getting the same thing and it starts on Monday. So tomorrow is going to be another "rest" day as far as weights are concerned - I'm told that Monday will be legs again. I will do some light cardio instead to ease some of the stiffness that I'm ALREADY FEELING! Sheesh! LOVE IT!

I'm supposed to go back to Chattanooga to get the kid back tomorrow. Maybe. She called at 10:30 p.m. saying she'd like to stay for another day since Monday is a holiday. Normally she'd be itching to get back but now that she has a boyfriend where her dad lives... Everything changes. I told her that it would mean that I'd have to work from home again Monday AND Tuesday. When I drive up to Chattanooga, I don't like to drive down to work (33 miles one way) adding more time and miles to my already really long drive. And Tuesday is the tumor clinic in the morning for Aimee which will take about 4 hours and will make it tough to also go to work afterwards. I explained to her that my boss wouldn't like my taking two more days of working at home just so she can spend more time with her boyfriend. She's not happy. She's going to ask her dad if he'll let her see him if she stays. I guess I'll make a decision then.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, girl you are one strong chick! I bet you are feeling some good soreness right now. You are going to do super once that comp comes around. How soon are you going to start your prep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean by prep but I'm already on a pretty strict diet as prescribed by my trainer, Joe, and will be the starting phase 2 (as they put it) competition workout tomorrow. Have been doing the phase 1 for the last 6 weeks. So, I guess I've been prepping since beginning of December with the workout and 2 weeks ago with the diet. Posing and cardio will come later.

    ReplyDelete