Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday, 1/8/2009 (38 Weeks, 2 days)

I know that my titles are unimaginative but they help me keep track of how far out I am from my competition. Also, I am not real imaginative when it comes to titles at any rate.

I didn't blog yesterday because I didn't have much to say, really, and I was in a reflective mood. I took Aimee to her yearly MRI appointment after work last night. Her having to get an MRI reminds me of 5 years ago (she was 9), when she had the brain tumor (benign, thankfully) and her being in and out of the hospital 3 times, a week each time, over a 5 week period of time. She had to take steroids to heal after the brain surgery which caused chemical meningitis (2nd hospital stay) and hyperglycemia (3rd hospital stay). She had to be on insulin for about 4 months until she was weaned off the steroids and her pancreas started producing insulin again. Steroids are a nasty, nasty, nasty medication just from the reaction Aimee had when she was on them. I understand their use when a person is healing from surgery, illness or whatever. I am so glad that my trainer and gym do everything natural.

Today was an okay day at work. I have a couple of deadlines coming up but I'm not going to stress over them. My BF had car problems so he stayed at his house today which was kind of a relief since I didn't have to worry about dinner for him, just for Aimee and, of course, me.

I had a great session with Joe tonight. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow and the next day. I did high reps/low(er) weight for the chest and low reps/high weight on tris. My chest and tris are fried! I did 90 lbs on the rope pull down (a PR), 90 lbs on the cable overhead extension (a PR), 80 lbs on decline nosebreakers (a PR). Then I did a bunch of bench dips (I wish I didn't HATE them! :D) No PRs on chest... :D

I am going to do abs/cardio tomorrow night and then it's legs/shoulders again with Joe. Next week is 6 weeks on this workout plan so Joe will be giving me a new workout next Thursday. He says it's going to be a mass building workout with a few different exercises than what I'm doing now.

Oh, and Aimee has a cold. She got it while at her dad's. Sheesh! She always gets sick within a couple days of getting back from her dad's. I really hope I don't get it too! However, I'm thinking I may have ANOTHER sinus infection (headache, mucked up ears, stuffy nose and drainage.) I may have to get my butt back to the doctor for the 4th (or is it 5th?) sinus infection since the end of July...

Meals are planned, prepared and packed for tomorrow:
M1: EAS MRP Shake, 1/2 c. strawberries
M2: 3/4 c. eggbeaters, pear
M3: protein powder, 3/4 c. oatmeal, apple
M4: 3 oz tilapia, 3/4 c. potato
M5: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 c. green beans
M6: 3 oz tilapia, 3/4 c. rice, 1/2 c. broccoli

Progress towards the "Be The Change" goals:
-----------------------------------------------
Goal 1: Body Fat at 22%, Waist @ 27.5", Hips @ 38"
Meals for today:
M1: EAS MRP Shake, 1/2 c. strawberries
M2: 3/4 c. eggbeaters, pear
M3: protein powder, 3/4 c. oatmeal, apple
M4: 4 oz chicken, 3/4 c. potato
M5: 3 oz salmon, 1/2 c. broccoli
M6: 4 oz chicken, 3/4 c. rice, 1/2 c. broccoli

Drank 160 oz of water

Meals are prepared and packed for tomorrow (see above for the plan)

Workout: Chest/Tris

Goal 2: Work on relationship with God
Read day 8 from the daily bible
-----------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment