Monday, December 29, 2008

9 Months (39 Weeks), 4 days

Toda was a really interesting day (NOT!) The BF came back over to my house an dwe watched a couple of movies and T.V. We also played with the dog.

I went to the grocery store and bought groceries for the next two weeks. At the checkout, I put the 35lb bag of dog food up on the belt, the 25lb bag of cat food up on the belt, the two boxes of 15lb kitty litter up on the belt and then after the had been scanned back into the buggy. The cashier and bagger (both female, one overweight) both commented on how I was handling the bags as well as all the healthy food. Since my BF loves beer, I also had to show my driver's license with my fat picture on it. The cashier did a double take and showed it to the bagger. They asked me what I did to lose the weight and how much I had lost. I told them really quickly what I did and how much and as there was someone in line behind me I left them with their mouths hanging open! I am so thrilled to be able to share my story like that.

Joe, my trainer, tells everyone he can at the gym how much I've lost and also tells them about the fact that I'm training for a BB comp and how much I'm lifting! So, I get into conversations on a fairly regular basis about BFL and what it has done for me and how it has changed my life.

Well, today was back/bis today and I wasn't really feeling it but I did it any. I stayed in the high/low range that Joe set for me for each of the exercises. He doesn't want me to make new highs unless he's there to make sure I'm using proper form. He likes to pile on the weights to see how I do with it. I'm hoping that my low back tweak from the marathon squats session on Saturday is better by Wednesday when I do legs again. If not, I'll just leave the squats off or go light on the weights.

Tonight, I cleaned out the book case in my room of all the workout videos that I will never do as well as the books that I've read. So, I have a couple of boxes (in addition to all the other stuff I've cleaned out the last serveral days) to give to either Goodwill or the Salvation Army... Probably Goodwill since they are near where I go to the dentist. Yeah, I have a dental appointment on Wednesday... Nothing like ringing in the New Year with a dental cleaning! Whoo Ha!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! Love the cashier story:) I have a similar one. My old military ID card had my fat pic on it and all the gate guards would do a double take. And then about a year ago, maybe a little more, I was in college and went into the admissions office for something. They checked my student ID and commented on my weight loss. When I told them how I lost weight lifting weights, they did not believe me. So guess what? I made them get up and I showed them how to do a proper squat right there in their office! LOL! I had about 3 big fat secretarys and 2 students passing a broomstick to try the perfect squat. it was fun! And hilariously ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete