Tuesday, December 23, 2008

9 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days

I had some personal bests/records last night in legs. I leg pressed 420 lbs, squatted 175lbs and deadlifted 212 lbs. I also had some increases in weights on shoulders but not as impressive as the legs: single arm rear delts, 95lbs (on the pec deck) and behind the back traps low lift, 65 lbs. I think I'm going to have some fun walking late this evening and tomorrow morning. My DOMS usually takes 24 to 48 hours to set in, though, I'm feeling some twinges now in both the legs and shoulders. I expected as much since I hadn't done legs/shoulders since last Tuesday due to my down time Friday through Sunday - Friday being my usual rest day and Sat/Sun being given to me by Joe due to the exhaustion of the drive to Chattanooga and back doing the kid swap with the ex.

I talked a little with Rachel, one of the trainers and co-owner at Joe's gym, as I was getting ready to leave. She said that she sees motivation in me that she sees in few people. She is impressed with how consistent I have been with getting to the gym and getting through the workouts. She is looking forward to working with me after the beginning of the year when the "real" training starts. Yikes! I also spoke with Joe about my new PRs and he said, I quote, "You will be doing twice that in a few months." Yikes, again!

I'm really enjoying the workouts. I enjoy lifting more and more and seeing the changes in my body. I can REALLY see the changes in my upper body. My midsection and legs, not so much. I can feel the muscles in my midsection and legs, just can't see them yet.

Oh, and I finally told my BF that I'm training for a body building competition. He was wondering why I've gotten obsessed with chicken and fish (I asked him to grill lotsa chicken breasts for me.) He just nodded his head and grinned a little. I expected an argument or articles on how this path is going to affect me negatively, etc. That didn't happen, at least, last night it didn't. I'm sure that it'll take time for it to sink in and then WAMMO! I hope it doesn't happen because I'd really like his support on this.

Well, tonight is back/bis with Joe. Back is probably my least favorite body part to work, abs being next in line. I really don't like pullups. But, with anything else I don't like, I will tough through it and get it done because I KNOW that it is a means to an end. I really do want a beautiful back and I know that I have to work it and work it hard to get there!

1 comment: